Internet Outage – Saturday May 17th 10:00am – 4:00pm
On Saturday May 17, 2008 between the hours of 10:00am to 4:00pm, the Information Technology Services Department will be upgrading BMC’s connection to the Internet. During this time, access to the Internet will be unavailable.
What does this mean?
If you are at work and trying to access an application outside of BMC, or if you are off campus trying to access BMC applications, you will not be able to do so during this time. As it’s not always clear when a system or application uses the Internet, please refer to the following for more information. If you have additional questions, please call the Help Desk at 617.724.4500.
The following systems and services will be off line from 10:00am to 4:00pm:
- Blackberry/Mobile devices
- Sending or receiving emails over the Internet
- Transferring or receiving electronic information to a destination off campus, such as through HL7, FTP, etc…
- SCM paging
If you are trying to access BMC resources from off-campus, you will not be able to access the following between 10:00am to 4:00pm:
If you are using a BMC PC on the hospital campus, you will not be able to access the following applications between 10:00am and 12:00pm:
- VPN Access to BMC
- Harrison’s online reference
- Geriatrics at your fingertips
- The Internet – for example any “www” address from Microsoft Explorer
- Any non-bmc provided mail service such as Gmail, Yahoo mail, etc…
*****For on campus users, all other applications will be accessible*****